Friday, July 17, 2009

Bach to the Future

[Facebook Event]

This Saturday I'm joined by my friend DJ Bach at TML. A character on and off the decks, and one of the original TML DJs, Bach answered a few questions so we might get to know him better before he celebrates his birthday with us on Saturday.

Who is DJ Bach?

DJ Bach is a DJ/Producer from Minneapolis

When and where did you start DJing? Where do you play now?

I started in 96' making beats with drum machines, samplers, and synths. In 99' I wanted to learn how to scratch and am still to this day mastering new techniques. Keep an eye out for a monthly scratch night I'm starting in collaboration with the Fifth Element.. it's gonna be a session in the store for scratch DJ's to meet up, flex chops, and for people to come and listen. It's gonna be called, "Cut Class." I passionately want to revive interest in scratching.. make it cool again. For my mixing and party rocking, you can catch me at the Kitty Cat Klub the 4th Saturday of the month.

Describe your sound in five words or less.

dance inducing genre humping

You've been a part of Too Much Love from the beginning. Any favorite TML memories?

My favorite memory of Too Much Love has to be our very first night in the VIP room. We made it go nuts!

Five of your favorite tracks to play out lately?

Overtime - Tiga
1980 Gutter Remix - Dirt Nasty & Aaron Lacrate
Back Up In This (Nadastrom Remix) - Designer Drugs
Skeletons (Bird Peterson Remix) - Felix Cartal
Fuck Work (Proper Villians & Jubilee Remix) - Cubic Zirconia

And finally, your drink of choice?

Stoli on the rocks ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment