Friday, May 22, 2009

Meet Scott Butters

Scott Butters, one of the OG TML DJs, returns to First Avenue this Saturday to spin with me. It's always a pleasure listening to this guy DJ, as he has great taste and excellent skills. In addition to the usual party madness, there will be a guest photographer from party photo site Rony's Photobooth snapping pics. [Facebook event]

In order to learn a little bit more about the man known as Scott Butters, I asked him a few questions about DJing:

Who is Scott Butters?
A chronic romantic.

When and where did you start DJing? Where do you play now?
Oh maybe in 2000 or 2001. Recently I've played at AZIA, the Kitty Cat Klub and on KFAI for Norton Fortune's Strictly Butter.

Describe your sound in five words or less.
House music.

In your mind, what makes a good DJ set?
Musicality, progression and an eye on the levels.

Five of your favorite tracks to play out lately?
I can never remember what I play out.

And finally, your drink of choice?
Grand Marnier I suppose. Trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment